Christian Community Service Center is a community-based non-profit organization serving the inner city Houston community. Its mission is to serve the poor, hungry, disabled, and otherwise needy while respecting their religious, ethnic or cultural differences. St. Mark’s joined CCSC as a member church in 1986.
What can I do to help?
- Volunteer in Emergency Services. There is a need for volunteers to work four-hour shifts in Interviewing, Reception, Food Pantry, or Clothing. Please contact Kate Gallup or call 713.961.3993, ext. 213 for more details.
- Bring a can (or two!) to church as we help stock the CCSC food pantry. The top 10 food items needed are beans, rice, canned tomatoes, pasta, peanut butter, canned fruit, individually wrapped toothbrush or deodorant, cereal, canned meat, and meaty soups.
- Sponsor a table, purchase tickets or make a donation at the Azalea Dinner & Auction on Thursday, April 27, 2017.
- Support the Back to School program with a financial donation to meet the basic needs of school-aged children.
- Donate gifts for the annual Jingle Bell Express. Christian Community Service Center has 2,500 families to serve this year. Your donations of gift items will ensure these families have a happy and joyful Christmas season. Please bring new unwrapped gift by the advertised date and place them in the collection boxes located in the Church Office, Narthex, and Hauser Hall. Gift items needed are:
- Baby items — toys, clothing, and books
- Preteen items
- Teen items
- Children’s books (including picture books)
- Teen readers
- Spanish/bilingual books